At a recent Mises presentation, American libertarian philosopher and intellectual historian and senior fellow at the Mises Institute Dr. David Gordon listed his top 8 picks for understanding economics. They are (with links to places on the Mises website where they can be downloaded free):
- Frédéric Bastiat, The Law
- Murray N. Rothbard – What Has Government Done to Our Money?
- Henry Hazlitt, Economics in One Lesson
- Ludwig von Mises, Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis
- Murray N. Rothbard – Man, Economy, and State, with Power and Market
- Ludwig von Mises, Human Action
- Murray N. Rothbard, An Austrian Perspective on the History of Economic Thought